Is Consulting For You? A Primer for Information Professionals
By Ulla de Stricker
2008 ALA Editions
Covering the basics of setting up shop as well as typical project events and realities, I offer answers to questions I have often been asked: So what is it really like to be a consultant? What does it take? Is my personality suited?
Table of Contents:
1. What is Consulting, Exactly?
2. The Outlook: Is Consulting a Viable Option for Librarians? Is the Library Market Viable for Other Types of Consultants?
3. The Realities of Life as a Consultant
4. Personal Characteristics: Is Consulting a Good Fit?
5. Business Planning: Is There a Market – and a Living – for Me?
6. Getting Ready: The Building Blocks
7. Getting Out There: Marketing a Personal Brand
8. Proposals and Contracts: Documenting the Business Relationship
9. So Tell Me: What’s It Really Like?
If you encounter difficulties with these links or making a purchase please let us know!